ABS Certified Sex Therapist helps with depression, anxiety, trauma, communication trauma, anger,
and other sexual problems related to sexuality. Marriage and relationship problems, and adults emotionally,
physically or sexually abused as children cam also be helped by a Sex Therapist. Dr. Boulware has over 20 years
counseling & psychology experience.
Sex Therapy and Relationship &
Marriage Counseling Services
- Sex Therapy: For male and female sexual dysfunction:
Retarded Ejaculation, impotence,
Loss of sexual desire.
Inability to reach orgasm.
Sexual concerns in relation to infertility. Sexual enrichment. Enhancing sexual desire.
Developing love making skills. Intimacy skills training.
- Couples/Relationship & Marriage Counseling: For
marital or relationship difficulties, communication and anger
problems, infidelity, divorce. Marital betrayals, difficult divorces.
Lack of intimacy or commitment. Communication Skills. Relationship
- Recovery from Sexual Trauma:
For Adults emotionally, physically or sexually abused as children.
Rape recovery, and PTSD. Overcoming sexual fears, anger and rage,
vaginismus, sexual disgust, sexual addiction, sleep disturbances,
nightmares, insomnia. Healing of sexual abuse.
- Gay and Lesbian Relationship Counseling: Specific issues
related to gay and lesbian couples and individuals are treated.
Do you have any of the following issues?
- Loss of intimacy in your relationship?
- Low interest in sex or low sexual desire?
- Difficulty relaxing and enjoy sex?
- Problems getting and maintaining erections?
- Difficulty controlling ejaculations and timing?
- Difficulty reaching orgasm?
- Do you experience painful intercourse?
- Obsessive/Compulsive thoughts about sex?
- Feeling guilty about sex, without knowing why?
- In a painful relationship and thinking about leaving?
- Were you physically or emotionally abused as a child?
Do you experience any of the following emotions?
- Embarrassment - shame or guilt about or during sex
- Self-blame, self-consciousness
- Chronic or excessive sadness and/or anger
- Indecisiveness or mental confusion
- Worry, anxiety, obsessive thinking
- Unpleasant feeling, mood swings
- Negativity, pessimism, irritability
If you can answer "Yes" to any of
these questions, Sex Therapy and/or Relationship counseling could help you overcome
Dr. Boulware has been an Certified Sex Therapist and Relationship/Marriage
Therapist for over 20 years and has extensive training and experience
in specific sex therapy techniques and methods that are short-term,
problem-focused and solution oriented.
The advantages of choosing a Certified Sex Therapist are:
- specialized training in treating sexual dysfunctions
- comprehensive, evaluation and treatment
- individualized, short-term, problem-focused treatment
- the comfort of knowing your therapist is familiar with your sexual issues
- solutions for individuals and couples
- special training in marriage and couples problems
- a caring and highly trained professional
- a confidential, safe and supportive environment
Most people have sexual and relationship problems at one time or another in their lives.
Although the causes may vary widely, it is important to know that, whatever the cause,
sexual and relationship issues can be treated.
Some common sexual problems people seek therapy for are:
- getting and maintaining an erection
- low sex drive
- difficulty in achieving orgasm
- sexual inhibition and guilt
- intimacy-related problems, such as conflicts about sexual frequency or relationship commitment.
A healthy and satisfying sex life is an essential component of a balance and fulfilled life.
Dr. Boulware uses a powerful blend of traditional and holistic sex therapy methods. These methods
help you release negative emotions that block sexual desire, self-acceptance and the ability to
achieve more intimate, satisfying, fun and passionate relationships.
For information about making an In-Office Consultation Appointment or
if you are interested in a Free Phone Consultation CLICK HERE FIRST
CALL (310) 395-3351
Day & Evening/Weekend Appointments
Carol Boulware, MFT, Ph.D.
Licensed Marriage, Family Therapist - #MFT11632
EMDR Certified Therapist- Level II- 1994
EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress
Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
ABS Certified Sex Therapist #1466
3130 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550
Los Angeles, California 90403
Additional offices in Santa Monica & Redondo Beach
Copyright ©1998 - 2006 Carol Boulware, Ph.D.
EMDR-Therapy.com Internet Disclaimer